Regional Archaeological Committees
The mission of the Regional Archaeological Committees is, in accordance with Act No. 20/1987 Coll., on State Monument Care, to coordinate the performance of archaeological research, the protection, rescue and documentation of archaeological monuments, archaeological sites and territories with archaeological finds.
Members of the individual regional committees are organisations authorised to conduct archaeological research in the relevant region. The authorised organisations must coordinate their activity within the relevant archaeological committee. This condition stems from the respective agreement concluded between the authorised organisation and the Czech Academy of Sciences. The following committees operate in Moravia and Silesia:
- Regional Archaeological Committee of the Vysočina Region
- South Moravian Regional Archaeological Committee
- Moravian-Silesian Regional Archaeological Committee
- Central Moravian Regional Archaeological Committee
- Zlín Regional Archaeological Committee